Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rip Rip Rip


I wanted to show the progress on my ripple blanket.
I added 7 rows: white, green, and yellow
Then I hated it.

I left it lying on the top of a bookcase beside my bed for about 3 days. I kept looking at it thinking about the colors. To me it just didn't feel right. Do you ever have a project that you start and get stuck on because something just doesn't feel right?

Well I decided I did not like the first three colors together. So I ripped, ripped, and ripped. Not rippled.....ripped. I ripped out 11 rows; 4 colors.

I have no problem ripping out rows or rounds on projects. I want my projects to be perfect, and if I feel something is just not right... then I will dwell on it until I can think of a solution...and then it's coming out. Anyone that ever sees me do this will visibly cringe. They will say 'WHat ArE YoU DoInG!?!' I don't cringe. I actually feel better because I know I will redo it again.
So my solution was to go to the store and get more colors. UUUGggh, I tried to use what was in my stash...but that just didn't work. I did not have the perfect colors. Now I think I do. we will see.

I took out a row of the blue (turquoise) and added a lighter blue beside it. I think it looks much better. The original blue and orange really go together better now.


The colors look a little wacky. It is so hard to photograph red and orange. Photoshop helps some. The yellow is not quite as bright as it looks in the photos.
My next colors will be pink and purple. I really hope that I like them. I do not want to buy more yarn. My house can not take much more. It is everywhere... bedroom, living room, purse, closet, bookcase, armoire (?) I'm definitely an OCD crocheter when it comes to color.


3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about colors. Very nice job by the way and good choice of taking some time to evaluate exactly how you want it to look. I do the same with my paintings. I think after finding a quote by one of my favorite artists I have never looked at color the same since. It is all about what colors and where you place them which I am sure you know so well.

    'Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? No.' --Pablo Picasso :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! But I know what you mean about wanting it to be right. You don't want to finish a project and have regrets because you don't like something you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pablo Picasso was so right. That's why I wanted to make a colorful ripple.
    Thanks Laura and Heather for your nice comments

    ReplyDelete